2007 Volvo V70
are not compatible with the fuel filler neck on vehicles equipped with the evaporative control system.
The fuel tank holds approximately 18 US gal. (68 liters) with sufficient volume left over to
accommodate possible expansion of the fuel in hot weather. Be aware that the "usable" tank capacity
will be somewhat less than the specified maximum. When the fuel level is low, such factors as ambient
temperature, the fuel's "Reid vapor pressure" characteristics, and terrain can affect the fuel pump's
ability to supply the engine with an adequate supply of fuel. Therefore, it is advisable to refuel as soon
as possible when the needle nears the red zone, or when the fuel warning light comes on.
pg. 124 Starting and driving
- Do not refuel with the engine running
. Turn the ignition off or to position I. If the ignition is on, an
incorrect reading could occur in the fuel gauge.
- After refueling, close the fuel filler cap by turning it clockwise until it clicks into place.
- Avoid overfilling the fuel tank. Do not press the handle on the filler nozzle more than one extra
time. Too much fuel in the tank in hot weather conditions can cause the fuel to overflow. Overfilling
could also cause damage to the emission control systems.
- Avoid spilling gasoline during refueling. In addition to causing damage to the environment,
gasolines containing alcohol can cause damage to painted surfaces, which may not be covered under
the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
- Do not use gasolines containing methanol (methyl alcohol, wood alcohol). This practice can result
in vehicle performance deterioration and can damage critical parts in the fuel system. Such damage
may not be covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
1. If the fuel filler cap is not closed tightly or if the engine is running when the vehicle is refueled, the Check
Engine Light (malfunction indicator lamp) may indicate a fault. However, your vehicle's performance will not be
affected. Use only Volvo original or approved fuel filler caps.
pg. 125 Starting and driving
Starting the car
Starting the engine
- Fasten the seat belt.
file:///K|/ownersdocs/2007/2007_V70/07v70_06.htm (6 of 41)12/30/2006 5:49:38 PM