2007 Volvo V70
Rear seat backrest
To increase loading capacity, the angle of the rear seat backrest(s) can be adjusted to two positions while
the backrest is in the upright position.
- Press the catch until the red mark is visible (B in the illustration above).
- Depending on the backrests' current angle, push or pull the backrest rearward/ forward to a new locked
- Make sure that the backrest is secured in a locked position and that the red mark is no longer visible (A
in the illustration above).
Folding down the rear seat backrests
The rear seat is split in two sections and each section can be folded forward separately.
Before folding the backrests down:
- Adjust the front seat backrests to a more upright position if they are excessively reclined.
- Fold down the outboard head restraint(s) by pulling the strap at the base of the head restraint as shown
in the inset illustration above.
- Pull the strap on the rear seat cushion and pull the cushion forward against the front seat backrests.
file:///K|/ownersdocs/2007/2007_V70/07v70_04.htm (14 of 29)12/30/2006 5:49:33 PM