2006 Volvo V50
Children must never be allowed in the front passenger's seat. Volvo recommends that ALL occupants
(adults and children) shorter than 4 feet 7 inches (140 cm) be seated in the back seat of any vehicle
with a passenger-side front airbag. See
- Occupants in the front passenger's seat must never sit on the edge of the seat, sit leaning toward the
instrument panel or otherwise sit out of position.
- The occupant's back must be as upright as comfort allows and be against the seat back with the seat
belt properly fastened.
- Feet must be on the floor, e.g., not on the dash, seat or out of the window.
Airbag decal on passenger's side dashboard
- No objects or accessory equipment, e.g. dashboard covers, may be placed on, attached to, or
installed near the air bag hatch (the area above the glove compartment) or the area affected by airbag
deployment (see the illustration on
- There should be no loose articles, e.g. coffee cups, on the floor, seat, or dashboard area.
- Never try to open the airbag cover on the steering wheel or the passenger's side dashboard. This
should only be done by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in injury to the vehicle occupants.
pg. 20 Occupant Weight Sensor - disabling the passenger's side front airbag
file:///K|/ownersdocs/2006/2006_V50/06v50_02a.htm (12 of 16)12/30/2006 4:49:25 PM