2006 Volvo V50
1. Switch off the ignition and remove the key.
2. Unscrew the cover over the battery.
3. Wait at least 5 minutes after switching off the ignition before disconnecting the battery so that all
information in the vehicle's electrical system can be stored in the control modules.
4. Remove the cover and unscrew the front side of the battery box using a screwdriver.
5. Disconnect the battery negative (ground)
6. Release the clamp holding the battery.
7. Disconnect the positive cable and lift out the battery.
Install the new battery in the reverse order.
Never expose the battery to open flame or electric spark.
Do not smoke near the battery.
Battery fluid contains sulfuric acid. Do not allow battery fluid to contact eyes, skin, fabrics or painted
surfaces. If contact occurs, flush the affected area immediately with water. Obtain medical help
immediately if eyes are affected.
Top of Page
file:///K|/ownersdocs/2006/2006_V50/06v50_10a.htm (14 of 14)12/30/2006 4:49:41 PM