4-3. Do-it-yourself maintenance
When replacing wheels
The wheels of your Toyota are equipped with tire pressure warning
valves and transmitters that allow the tire pressure warning system to
provide advanced warning in the event of a loss in tire inflation pressure.
Whenever wheels are replaced, the tire pressure warning valves and
transmitters must be installed. (
If a wheel is bent, cracked or heavily corroded, it should be
Otherwise, the tire may separate from the wheel or cause loss of
When replacing wheels, care should be taken to ensure that
they are equivalent to those removed in load capacity, diameter,
rim width, and offset.
Replacement wheels are available at your Toyota dealer.
Toyota does not recommend using:
● Wheels of different sizes or types
● Used wheels
● Bent wheel that have been straightened
Aluminum wheel precautions
● Use only Toyota wheel nuts and wrenches designed for use
with your aluminum wheels.
● When rotating, repairing or changing your tires, check that the
wheel nuts are still tight after driving 1000 miles (1600 km).
● Be careful not to damage the aluminum wheels when using
● Use only Toyota genuine balance weights or equivalent and
use a plastic or rubber hammer when balancing your wheels.