Panasonic PV-D4744, PV-D4744S Operating Instruction
DECK Cassette Information
DECK Cassette Information
For assistance, please call : 1-800-211-PANA(7262) or, contact us via the web at:http://www.panasonic.com/contactinfo
DECK & Cassette Information
Prevent Accidental Tape Erasure
Cover the hole
with cellophane tape.
To record again
Break off the tab to
DVD-RAM discs must meet the following conditions
for this unit to be able to play them.
• Non-cartridge discs
• Discs that can be removed from
their cartridges (TYPE 2 and 4)
• 12 cm (5”) 9.4 GB (double-sided)
and 4.7 GB (single-sided)
• 8 cm (3”) 2.8 GB (double-sided)
Remove TYPE 2 and 4 discs from their cartridges
before use, then return them when you are finished.
Read the instructions for the disc carefully.
Some parts of the disc, for example where one program
ends and another begins, may not play smoothly.
If disc is brought from a cold to a warm
environment, moisture may form on the disc
Wipe away moisture with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth
before using disc. (See above.)
Improper disc storage
Discs could be damaged if stored or left in areas:
• exposed to direct sunlight.
• that are humid or dusty.
• near heat (i.e. heater, radiator, etc.).
To clean disc surface
With a soft, damp (water only) cloth,
gently wipe from the center hole to the
outer edge as shown below. (Wiping in a
circular pattern will scratch the surface.)
• DVD-RAM, DVD-R :
Clean only with the DVD-RAM disc
cleaner available. Never use cloths or
cleaners for CDs etc.
• Sticking a label on the disc may impair DVD-R playback.
• Do not attach sticker to discs. (Do not use discs with
exposed adhesive from tape or left over peeled-off
• Only hold disc by edges as shown below. Fingerprints,
dirt and scratches can cause skipping and distortion.
• Do not write on label side of disc.
• Never use record cleaning
sprays, benzine, thinner,
static electricity prevention
liquids, or any other solvent.
• Do not try to close disc tray when disc is not
DECK can play back discs bearing any of the
Discs which cannot be played
• DVD with Region No. other than “1” or “ALL”
• PAL discs, DVD-ROM, DVD-Audio, DVD-RW,
DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CDV, CD-G, CVD,
SVCD, SACD, CD-TEXT, Divx Video Disc,
Photo-CD and Video CD
[Discs Played 8cm (3") or 12cm (5")]
DVD-R (DVD-Video formatted
Disc formats supported by this DECK
DVD-RAM (Version 1.1 of the
Video Recording Format a
unified video recording
• Do not use irregularly shaped discs (e.g. heart-
shaped), as these can damage the unit.
• It may not be possible to play CD-R, CD-RW,
DVD-R and DVD-RAM in all cases due to the
type of disc or condition of the recording.
• CD-DA format
• MP3/JPEG file
*A process that allows play on compatible equipment.
PV-D4744S P1-25 (040202).p65