When the cable has a grounding wire, secure the
wire with the screw below the connector.
3. Plug the other end of the cable into the
computer' s parallel or USB interface
Using the installed IEEE1394 interface
or Ethernet interface
The IEEE 1394 interface card and Ethernet
interface card are already installed in your printer.
If you want to use the IEEE 1394 interface card, see
“Installing the Printer Software” on page 10 in this
manual. If you want to use the Ethernet interface
card, see the Administrator's Guide.
Installing the Printer Software
After connecting the printer to your computer,
you need to install the software included on the
Printer Software for EPSON STYLUS PRO 10600
CD-ROM shipped with your printer.
When you install the printer driver in your computer,
you will be asked several times to select your printer. If
you use UltraChrome ink, select EPSON Stylus
Pro 10600 UC. If you use ColorFast ink, select EPSON
Stylus Pro 10600 UC. If you use dye ink, select EPSON
Stylus Pro 10600 DYE.
Installing on Windows
Follow these steps to install your printer software.
1. Make sure that your printer if off.
2. Turn on your computer and start Windows.
3. Insert the printer software CD-ROM shipped
with your printer in the CD-ROM drive. The
Installer dialog box appears.
4. Follow the directions on the screen, and turn
on your printer.
5. Choose your printer from the window, then
click the right arrow.
6. Click Install Software, then the right arrow.
7. Click Install in the dialog box that appears to
start the printer software installation.
8. Follow the on-screen instruction.
In Windows, IEEE 1394 is available only for
Windows Me and 2000.
If an error message appears, either the printer
driver or the EPSON USB printer device driver is
not installed correctly. See “Troubleshooting” in
the online Reference Guide.