8. Remove slack from the tether strap according to the
child restraint manufacturer’s directions.
An incorrectly anchored tether strap could lead to
increased head motion and possible injury to the
child. Use only the anchorage position directly be-
hind the child seat to secure a child restraint top
Air Bags deploying in the front seat could harm your pet.
An unrestrained pet will be thrown about and possibly
injured, or injure a passenger during panic braking or in
Pets should be restrained in the rear seat in pet harnesses
or pet carriers that are secured by seat belts.
A long break-in period is not required for the drivetrain
(engine, transmission, and rear axle) in your new vehicle.
Following these few simple guidelines is all that is
necessary for a good break-in.
For the first 500 miles (800 km):
• Keep your vehicle speed below the legal, posted speed
limit and your engine speed below 4,000 RPM.
• Avoid driving at a constant speed, either fast or slow,
for long periods.
• Do not make any full throttle starts and avoid full
• Use the proper gear for your speed range.
• Wait until the engine has reached normal operating
temperature before driving at the recommended maxi-
mum break-in speed.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE