Deployed air bags and seat belt pretensioners cannot
protect you in another collision. Have the air bags,
seat belt pretensioners, and the seat belt retractor
assemblies replaced by an authorized dealer imme-
diately. Also, have the Occupant Restraint Controller
System serviced as well.
• Air bag covers may not be obvious in the interior trim,
but they will open during air bag deployment.
• After any collision, the vehicle should be taken to an
authorized dealer immediately.
Enhanced Accident Response System
In the event of an impact, if the communication network
remains intact, and the power remains intact, depending
on the nature of the event, the ORC will determine
whether to have the Enhanced Accident Response Sys-
tem perform the following functions:
• Cut off fuel to the engine.
• Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or
until the ignition is placed in the “OFF” position.
• Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as
the battery has power or until the ignition is placed in
the “OFF” position.
• Unlock the doors automatically.
System Reset Procedure
In order to reset the Enhanced Accident Response System
functions after an event, the ignition must be changed
from ignition START or ON/RUN to ignition OFF.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE