PAD Indicator Light may not be illuminated, even
though the Advanced Front Air Bag is deactivated. This
can occur if the child restraint is lighter than the lightest
weight necessary to illuminate the PAD Indicator Light.
NEVER assume the Passenger Advanced Front Air Bag is
deactivated unless the PAD Indicator Light is illuminated
with the words “PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF.”
If The Pad Indicator Light Is Illuminated For An
If an adult passenger is seated in the passenger seat and
the PAD Indicator Light is illuminated, the passenger
may be sitting improperly. Follow the steps below to
allow the OCS to detect the adult passenger’s seated
weight to activate the Passenger Advanced Front Air Bag:
1. Turn off the vehicle and have the adult passenger step
out of the vehicle.
2. Remove any extra materials from the passenger seat,
such as cushions, pads, seat covers, seat massagers,
blankets, extra clothing, etc.
3. Place the seatback in the full upright position.
4. Have the adult passenger sit upright in the passenger
seat, sitting in the center of the seat cushion, with the
passenger’s legs fully extended.
5. Restart the vehicle and have the passenger remain in
this sitting position for two to three minutes after
restarting the vehicle.
• If the PAD Indicator Light remains illuminated for
an adult passenger, have an authorized dealer ser-
vice the air bag system immediately. Failure to do
so may cause serious injury or death. If the PAD
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE