1. Slow down during rainstorms or when roads are
2. Slow down if road has standing water or puddles.
Driving your vehicle through deep puddles at speeds
over 5 mph (8 km/h), may cause water to be ingested
into the engine. This can cause severe engine dam-
3. Replace tires when tread wear indicators first become
4. Keep tires properly inflated.
5. Maintain enough distance between your vehicle and
the vehicle in front of you to avoid a collision in a
DRIVING THROUGH WATER
Driving through water more than a few inches/
centimeters deep will require extra caution to ensure
safety and prevent damage to your vehicle.
Do not drive on or across a road or path where water
is flowing and/or rising (as in storm run-off). Flow-
ing water can wear away the road or path’s surface
and cause your vehicle to sink into deeper water.
Furthermore, flowing and/or rising water can carry
your vehicle away swiftly. Failure to follow this
warning may result in injuries that are serious or
fatal to you, your passengers, and others around you.
STARTING AND OPERATING