3. Carefully insert a trim stick (plastic flat-blade tool)
between the body panel and the outboard side of the
tail lamp housing with one hand and grasp the flange
on the inboard side of the tail lamp housing with the
other hand. Use the trim stick and hand pressure
together to disengage the tail lamp housing from the
4. Rotate the applicable bulb’s electrical connector ¼ turn
counterclockwise and remove it from the tail lamp
5. Remove the bulb from the connector socket and install
the replacement bulb.
6. Install the bulb and connector assembly into the tail
lamp housing and rotate the connector ¼ turn clock-
wise to lock it in place.
7. Reinstall the tail lamp housing and fasteners.
Changing The Backup Lamp
1. Open the liftgate.
2. Remove the two fasteners retaining the tail lamp
housing to the liftgate from the inboard face of the
Tail Lamp Housing Retainers
MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE