12. To stow the winch cable and retainer, fit the as-
sembled jack-handle over the winch drive nut. Rotate
the jack-handle assembly clockwise until you hear
the winch mechanism click three times. It cannot be
13. Stow the jack-handle and jack. Remove the wheel
blocks from the vehicle and release the park brake.
14. Check the tire pressure as soon as possible. Adjust the
tire pressure as required.
Road Tire Installation
Vehicles Equipped With Wheel Covers
1. Mount the road tire on the axle.
2. To ease the installation process for steel wheels with
wheel covers, install two lug nuts on the mounting
studs which are on each side of the valve stem. Install
the lug nuts with the cone shaped end of the nut
toward the wheel. Lightly tighten the lug nuts.
To avoid the risk of forcing the vehicle off the jack,
do not tighten the lug nuts fully until the vehicle has
been lowered. Failure to follow this warning may
result in serious injury.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES