Carefully follow these tire changing warnings to help
prevent personal injury or damage to your vehicle:
• Always park on a firm, level surface as far from the edge
of the roadway as possible before raising the vehicle.
• Turn on the Hazard Warning flasher.
• Block the wheel diagonally opposite the wheel to
• Set the parking brake firmly and set an automatic
transmission in PARK.
• Never start or run the engine with the vehicle on a jack.
• Do not let anyone sit in the vehicle when it is on a
• Do not get under the vehicle when it is on a jack. If
you need to get under a raised vehicle, take it to a
service center where it can be raised on a lift.
• Only use the jack in the positions indicated and for
lifting this vehicle during a tire change.
• If working on or near a roadway, be extremely
careful of motor traffic.
• To assure that spare tires, flat or inflated, are
securely stowed, spares must be stowed with the
valve stem facing the ground.
Jack Warning Label
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES