3. Pull the spare tire out from underneath the vehicle and
raise it upright so the tire’s tread is on the ground.
4. Tilt the retainer at the end of the winch cable and
remove it from the center of the wheel.
Spare Tire Stowage
Refer to “Spare Tire Removal” for information on
assembling the winch tools.
1. Place the spare tire near to the winch cable. Hold the
spare upright so that the tire’s tread is on the ground
and the valve stem is at the top of the wheel facing
away from the rear of the vehicle.
2. Tilt the retainer at the end of the winch cable and drop
it through the center of the wheel. Then place the spare
tire with the cable and retainer underneath the vehicle.
3. Fit the assembled jack-handle over the winch drive
nut. Rotate the jack-handle assembly clockwise to
raise the spare tire into the storage area. Continue to
rotate the jack-handle assembly until you hear the
winch mechanism click three times. It cannot be over
tightened. Push against the tire several times to be
sure it is held securely in place.
Spare Tire Retainer
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES