Preparations For Jacking
1. Park the vehicle on a firm, level surface as far from the
edge of the roadway as possible. Avoid icy or slippery
Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the
vehicle close to moving traffic. Pull far enough off
the road to avoid the danger of being hit when
operating the jack or changing the wheel.
2. Turn on the Hazard Warning flashers.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place the shift lever in PARK.
5. Turn OFF the ignition.
6. Block both the front and rear of the wheel diagonally
opposite of the jacking position. For ex-
ample, if changing the right front tire,
block the left rear wheel.
Passengers should not remain in the vehicle
when the vehicle is being jacked.
Spare Tire Removal
On seven-passenger models, fold the third-row
passenger seats flat. This will provide more space when
accessing the jacking tools and when operating the winch
1. Remove the jack-handle components 1, 2 and 3 from
storage and assemble them.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES