• Total weight must be distributed between the tow
vehicle and the trailer such that the following four
ratings are not exceeded:
4. Tongue weight rating for the trailer hitch utilized.
Towing Requirements — Tires
• Do not attempt to tow a trailer while using a compact
• Proper tire inflation pressures are essential to the safe
and satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Refer to
“Tires – General Information” in “Starting And Oper-
ating” for proper tire inflation procedures.
• Check the trailer tires for proper tire inflation pres-
sures before trailer usage.
• Check for signs of tire wear or visible tire damage
before towing a trailer. Refer to “Tires – General
Information” in “Starting And Operating” for the
proper inspection procedure.
• When replacing tires, refer to “Tires – General Infor-
mation” in “Starting And Operating” for information
on replacement tires and for the proper tire replace-
ment procedures. Replacing tires with a higher load
carrying capacity will not increase the vehicle’s GVWR
and GAWR limits.
STARTING AND OPERATING