Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped
The auto door lock feature default condition is enabled.
When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically
when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h). The
auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by your
authorized dealer per written request of the customer.
Please see your authorized dealer for service.
Auto Unlock On Exit
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature is en-
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
3. The transmission is in PARK.
4. Any vehicle door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
To change the current setting, refer to “Uconnect® Set-
tings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for
Use the Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature
in accordance with local laws.
Child-Protection Door Lock System — Rear
To provide a safer environment for small children riding
in the rear seats, the rear doors are equipped with a
Child-Protection Door Lock system.
To Engage The Child-Protection Door Lock System
1. Open the rear door.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE