Remote Start Abort Message On Electronic Vehicle
Information Center (EVIC) — If Equipped
The following messages will display in the EVIC if the
vehicle fails to remote start or exits remote start prema-
• Remote Start Aborted — Door Ajar
• Remote Start Aborted — Hood Ajar
• Remote Start Aborted — Fuel Low
• Remote Start Aborted — L/Gate Ajar
• Remote Start Disabled — Start Vehicle To Reset
The EVIC message stays active until the ignition is cycled
to the ON/RUN position.
To Enter Remote Start Mode
Push and release the REMOTE START button on
the RKE transmitter twice within five seconds.
The vehicle doors will lock, the parking lights
will flash and the horn will chirp twice (if
programmed). Then, the engine will start and the vehicle
will remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15-minute cycle.
• If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the
vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds.
• The park lamps will turn on and remain on during
Remote Start mode.
• For security, power window and power sunroof op-
eration (if equipped) are disabled when the vehicle is
in the Remote Start mode.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE