snapping the cover over the two wheel bolts. Do not
use a hammer or excessive force to install the cover.
4. Install the remaining wheel bolts with the threaded
end of the wheel bolt toward the wheel. Lightly
tighten the wheel bolts.
To avoid the risk of forcing the vehicle off the jack,
do not tighten the lug nuts fully until the vehicle has
been lowered. Failure to follow this warning may
result in serious injury.
5. Lower the vehicle to the ground by turning the jack
6. Finish tightening the wheel bolts. Push down on the
wrench while at the end of the handle for increased
leverage. Tighten the wheel bolts in a star pattern until
each wheel bolt has been tightened twice. Refer to
“Torque Specifications” in this section for proper lug
bolt torque. If in doubt about the correct tightness,
have them checked with a torque wrench by your
authorized dealer or service station.
7. Lower the jack until it is free. Remove the wheel
blocks. Reassemble the lug wrench to the jack assem-
bly and stow it in the spare tire area. Secure the
assembly using the means provided. Release the park-
ing brake before driving the vehicle.
8. After 25 miles (40 km) check the wheel bolt torque
with a torque wrench to ensure that all wheel bolts are
properly seated against the wheel.
Road Tire Installation
1. Mount the road tire on the axle.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES