Loading” and “Trailer Towing” in “Starting And
Operating” for further information.
• If TSC activates while towing a trailer, stop the
vehicle at the nearest safe location and adjust the
trailer load to eliminate the trailer sway.
• Failure to follow these warnings can result in an
accident or serious personal injury.
Hill Start Assist (HSA)
The HSA system is designed to assist the driver when
starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill. HSA will maintain
the level of brake pressure the driver applied for a short
period of time after the driver takes their foot off of the
brake pedal. If the driver does not apply the throttle
during this short period of time, the system will release
brake pressure and the vehicle will roll down the hill. The
system will release brake pressure in proportion to the
amount of throttle applied as the vehicle starts to move in
the intended direction of travel.
Hill Start Assist Disable Procedure
Vehicle roll back mitigation will not be present
with this feature disabled.
Hill Start assist can be disabled if desired. This procedure
applies to vehicles equipped with a manual or Powertech
1. Wheels must be pointed straight ahead, on a level
2. Automatic transmission should be in PARK.
3. Place manual transmission in NEUTRAL if equipped.
4. Begin with the ignition OFF.
5. Engage park brake.
STARTING AND OPERATING