• Push the ENGINE START/STOP button a second time
to place the ignition to the RUN position (EVIC/DID
will display “ON/RUN”).
• Push the ENGINE START/STOP button a third time to
return the ignition to the OFF position (EVIC/DID will
Extreme Cold Weather (Below –20°F or −29°C)
To ensure reliable starting under extreme cold conditions
an externally powered electric block heater (available
from your authorized dealer) is required for the 1.4L
Turbo engine below -20°F (-29°C) and for the 2.4L engine
below -29°F (-34°C) and is recommended for the 2.0L
engine and 2.4L engine below -20°F (-29°C).
Extended Park Starting
Extended Park condition occurs when the vehicle
has not been started or driven for at least 30 days.
1. Install a battery charger or jumper cables to the battery
to ensure a full battery charge during the crank cycle.
2. Cycle the ignition in the START position and release it
when the engine starts.
3. If the engine fails to start within ten seconds, cycle the
ignition to the STOP (OFF/LOCK) position, wait five
seconds to allow the starter to cool, then repeat the
Extended Park Starting procedure.
4. If the engine fails to start after eight attempts, allow
the starter to cool for at least 10 minutes, then repeat
To prevent damage to the starter, do not continuously
crank the engine for more than 10 seconds at a time.
Wait 10 to 15 seconds before trying again.
STARTING AND OPERATING