Before starting your vehicle, adjust your seat, adjust both
inside and outside mirrors, and fasten your seat belts.
• When leaving the vehicle, always remove the Key
Fob from the ignition and lock your vehicle.
• Never leave children alone in a vehicle, or with
access to an unlocked vehicle.
• Allowing children to be in a vehicle unattended is
dangerous for a number of reasons. A child or
others could be seriously or fatally injured. Chil-
dren should be warned not to touch the parking
brake, brake pedal or the shift lever.
• Do not leave the Key Fob in or near the vehicle (or
in a location accessible to children), and do not
leave the ignition of a vehicle equipped with
Keyless Enter-N-Go in the ACC or ON/RUN mode.
A child could operate power windows, other con-
trols, or move the vehicle.
Manual Transmission — If Equipped
Before starting the engine fully apply the parking brake,
press the clutch pedal to the floor, and place the shift
lever in NEUTRAL.
• The engine will not start unless the clutch pedal is
pressed to the floor.
• If the key will not turn and the steering wheel is
locked, rotate the wheel in either direction to relieve
pressure on the locking mechanism and then turn the
STARTING AND OPERATING