System, windows, door locks or other controls
could cause serious injury or death.
Remote Start Abort Message
The following messages will display in the EVIC/DID (if
equipped) if the vehicle fails to remote start or exits
remote start prematurely:
• Remote Start Aborted — Door Open
• Remote Start Aborted — Hood Open
• Remote Start Aborted — Trunk Open
• Remote Start Aborted — Fuel Low
• Remote Start Disabled — Start To Reset
• Remote Start Aborted — Too Cold
• Remote Start Aborted — Time Expired
The EVIC/DID message stays active until the ignition is
cycled to the ON/RUN position.
To Enter Remote Start Mode
Push and release the REMOTE START button
on the RKE transmitter twice within five sec-
onds. The vehicle doors will lock, parking
lights will flash, and the horn will chirp twice
(if programmed). Then, the engine will start and the
vehicle will remain in the Remote Start mode for a
• If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the
vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds.
• The park lamps will turn on and remain on during
Remote Start mode.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE