• The vehicle must be equipped with an automatic
transmission to be equipped with Remote Start.
• Low fuel indicator must not be illuminated.
• Obstructions between the vehicle and the Key Fob may
reduce this range.
How To Use Remote Start
All of the following conditions must be met before the
engine will remote start:
• Vehicle in PARK
• Doors closed
• Hood closed
• Trunk closed
• Hazard switch off
• Brake switch inactive (brake pedal not pushed)
• Battery at an acceptable charge level
• RKE panic button not pushed
• System not disabled from previous remote start event
• Vehicle security alarm not active
• Ignition in OFF position
• Do not start or run an engine in a closed garage or
confined area. Exhaust gas contains Carbon Mon-
oxide (CO) which is odorless and colorless. Carbon
Monoxide is poisonous and can cause serious in-
jury or death when inhaled.
• Keep Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters
away from children. Operation of the Remote Start
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE