clip, located on the back cover. Avoid touching the
new battery with your fingers. Skin oils may cause
battery deterioration. If you touch a battery, clean it
with rubbing alcohol.
4. To assemble the RKE transmitter case, snap the two
halves together, reposition and secure the screw as
shown in step #2 for removal.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and
RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the
• This device may not cause harmful interference.
• This device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired op-
Changes or modifications not expressly approved
by the party responsible for compliance could void the
user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your RKE transmitter fails to operate from a normal
distance, check for these two conditions:
1. A weak battery in the transmitter. The expected life of
the battery is a minimum of three years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB
REMOTE STARTING SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED
This system uses the Key Fob with Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter to start the
engine conveniently from outside the vehicle
while still maintaining security. The system has
a range of approximately 300 ft (91 m).
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE