• Only the mobile phone’s phonebook is downloaded.
SIM card phonebook is not part of the Mobile phone-
book. However, if there is less than 10 contacts in the
mobile phone, the SIM contacts may also download.
• This downloaded phonebook cannot be edited or
deleted on the Uconnect® Phone. These can only be
edited on the mobile phone. The changes are trans-
ferred and updated to Uconnect® Phone on the next
Add Names To Your Uconnect® Phonebook
Adding names to the Uconnect® Phonebook is
recommended when the vehicle is not in motion.
To add names to the Uconnect® phonebook using Voice
1. Push the Phone
button to begin.
2. After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say
“Phonebook New Entry.”
3. When prompted, say the name of the new entry. Use
of long names helps the Voice Command and it is
recommended. For example, say “Robert Smith” or
“Robert” instead of “Bob.”
4. When prompted, enter the number designation (e.g.,
“Home,” “Work,” “Mobile,” or “Other”). This will
allow you to store multiple numbers for each phone-
book entry, if desired.
5. When prompted, recite the phone number for the
phonebook entry that you are adding.
After you are finished adding an entry into the phone-
book, you will be given the opportunity to add more
phone numbers to the current entry or to return to the
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE