3. If using another vehicle to jump-start the battery, park
the vehicle within the jumper cables reach, set the
parking brake and make sure the ignition is OFF.
Do not allow vehicles to touch each other as this
could establish a ground connection and personal
injury could result.
Failure to follow this jump-starting procedure could
result in personal injury or property damage due to
Failure to follow these procedures could result in
damage to the charging system of the booster vehicle
or the discharged vehicle.
Connecting The Jumper Cables
1. Connect the positive (+) end of the jumper cable to the
remote positive (+) post of the vehicle with the dis-
2. Connect the opposite end of the positive (+) jumper
cable to the positive (+) post of the booster battery.
3. Connect the negative (-) end of the jumper cable to the
negative (-) post of the booster battery.
4. Connect the opposite end of the negative (-) jumper
cable to the remote negative (-) post of the vehicle with
the discharged battery.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES