ENGINE START/STOP Button Functions — With
Driver’s Foot OFF The Brake Pedal (In PARK Or
The ENGINE START/STOP button operates similar to an
ignition switch. It has three positions, OFF, ACC, RUN.
To change the ignition switch positions without starting
the vehicle and use the accessories follow these steps:
1. Starting with the ignition in the OFF position:
2. Push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to
change the ignition to the ACC position.
3. Push the ENGINE START/STOP button a second time
to change the ignition to the RUN position.
4. Push the ENGINE START/STOP button a third time to
return the ignition to the OFF position.
Extreme Cold Weather (Below –20°F Or −29°C)
To ensure reliable starting at these temperatures, use of
an externally powered electric engine block heater (avail-
able from your authorized dealer) is recommended.
If Engine Fails To Start
• Never pour fuel or other flammable liquid into the
throttle body air inlet opening in an attempt to start
the vehicle. This could result in flash fire causing
serious personal injury.
• Do not attempt to push or tow your vehicle to get it
started. Vehicles equipped with an automatic trans-
mission cannot be started this way. Unburned fuel
could enter the catalytic converter and once the
STARTING AND OPERATING