2. Press and hold the brake pedal while pushing the
ENGINE START/STOP button once.
3. The system takes over and attempts to start the
vehicle. If the vehicle fails to start, the starter will
disengage automatically after 10 seconds.
4. If you wish to stop the cranking of the engine prior to
the engine starting, push the button again.
Normal starting of either a cold or a warm engine
is obtained without pumping or pressing the accelerator
To Turn Off The Engine Using ENGINE
1. Place the shift lever/gear selector in PARK, then push
and release the ENGINE START/STOP button.
2. The ignition switch will return to the OFF position.
3. If the shift lever/gear selector is not in PARK, the
ENGINE START/STOP button must be held for two
seconds or three short pushes in a row with the vehicle
speed above 5 mph (8 km/h) before the engine will
shut off. The ignition switch position will remain in
the ACC position until the shift lever/gear selector is
in PARK and the button is pushed twice to the OFF
position. If the shift lever/gear selector is not in PARK
and the ENGINE START/STOP button is pushed
once, the DID will display a “Vehicle Not In Park”
message and the engine will remain running. Never
leave a vehicle out of the PARK position, or it could
If the ignition switch is left in the ACC or RUN
(engine not running) position and the transmission is in
PARK, the system will automatically time out after 30
minutes of inactivity and the ignition will switch to the
STARTING AND OPERATING