ParkSense® System Usage Precautions
• Ensure that the rear bumper is free of snow, ice, mud,
dirt and debris to keep the ParkSense® system oper-
• Jackhammers, large trucks, and other vibrations could
affect the performance of ParkSense® or render the
system temporarily unavailable.
• When you turn ParkSense® off in DRIVE, the instru-
ment cluster will display
ЉPARKSENSE OFFЉ for five
seconds. Furthermore, once you turn ParkSense® off,
it remains off until you turn it on again, even if you
cycle the ignition.
• When you move the shift lever to the REVERSE
position and ParkSense® is turned off, the Driver
Information Display (DID) will display “PARKSENSE
OFF” message for as long as the vehicle is in RE-
• ParkSense® will reduce the volume of the radio when
it is sounding an audio tone.
• Clean the ParkSense® sensors regularly, taking care
not to scratch or damage them. The sensors must not
be covered with ice, snow, slush, mud, dirt or debris.
Failure to do so can result in the system not working
properly. The ParkSense® system might not detect an
obstacle behind the fascia/bumper, or it could provide
a false indication that an obstacle is behind the fascia/
• Ensure the ParkSense® system is OFF if objects such as
bicycle carriers, trailer hitches, etc., are placed within
12 inches 30 (cm) from the rear fascia/bumper. Failure
to do so can result in the system misinterpreting a
close object as a sensor problem, causing the
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE