Floor Mat Safety Information
Always use floor mats designed to fit the footwell of your
vehicle. Use only floor mats that leave the pedal area
unobstructed and that are firmly secured so that they
cannot slip out of position and interfere with the pedals
or impair safe operation of your vehicle in other ways.
Pedals that cannot move freely can cause loss of
vehicle control and increase the risk of serious per-
• Always make sure that floor mats are properly
attached to the floor mat fasteners.
• Never place or install floor mats or other floor cover-
ings in the vehicle that cannot be properly secured to
prevent them from moving and interfering with the
pedals or the ability to control the vehicle.
• Never put floor mats or other floor coverings on top
of already installed floor mats. Additional floor
mats and other coverings will reduce the size of the
pedal area and interfere with the pedals.
• Check mounting of mats on a regular basis. Always
properly reinstall and secure floor mats that have
been removed for cleaning.
• Always make sure that objects cannot fall into the
driver footwell while the vehicle is moving. Ob-
jects can become trapped under the brake pedal
and accelerator pedal causing a loss of vehicle
• If required, mounting posts must be properly in-
stalled, if not equipped from the factory.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE