Using your Joybook
Using built-in wireless connectivity
(available on selected models)
With the built-in wireless connectivity of your Joybook, you can
access other wireless network enabled devices (such as Access
Point network stations, Notebook computers, Personal Digital
Assistants, or digital projectors) wirelessly without the
constraints of network cables.
To connect with a Local Area Network (LAN) at home or in the
office, you need the details of an access point, which serves as an
air station to make transmission possible. Outdoors in places
such as in coffee shops or library, you can inquire the service
personnel about an account.
• Wireless LAN (WLAN) is available on selected models.
• WLAN connectivity has limited range, depending upon the
equipment being used, the chosen frequency band, radio-
wave interference, and the physical landscape (including
building structure). Circumstances will vary depending upon
your particular situation.
Connecting to a wireless network:
1. Make sure you are located within the wireless network service
2. Press the Wireless button
on your Joybook to enable
3. The status is indicated by the on-screen display as follows.
4. Click on the WLAN icon
in the notification area located
at the lower right corner of the desktop to display a pop-up
5. From the pop-up menu, click Connect to a network.
JB_S32_en.book Page 26 Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:53 PM